Smart Front Load Washer with Extra Power and 24-Hr Fresh Hold® option - 5.0 cu. ft.Model # MHW8630HW
- Most Powerful Cleaning in the industry driven by the Heavy Duty cycle with Extra Power button.
- Remote start allows you to start and stop your laundry from anywhere with your connected smartphone or tablet.
- Get smartphone or tablet notifications when your wash load is complete or detergent is running low in your Optimal Dose dispenser.
- Troubleshoot select issues without a service call. The Maytag™ app sends notifications of appliance error codes to help you diagnose the error and videos of select issues walk you through steps to solve the problem.
- Don't wait around to transfer your clothes from the washer to the dryer. Tell the Maytag™ app when you want the washer to be done by and it will automatically schedule a start time so your clothes are ready for the dryer on your time.
- Your Maytag® appliance comes with smart grid technology that can help reduce household energy costs. Accessing energy pricing surge data from participating local power grids, your Maytag® appliance can connect to the smart grid to know when peak rates are in effect and automatically runs your next load at the optimal time.
- Wash and dry a small load of laundry in the washer with the Overnight Wash & Dry cycle. After a short wash cycle, a fan and intermittent tumbling circulate air through the load so clothes are dry by morning.
- Personalized Smart Tips based on your laundry activity help you best clean your laundry and effectively use your Maytag® appliances.
- An internal heater gives detergent a powerful boost, helping it to work harder against stubborn stains with increased water temperature.
- We take pride in building strong, reliable appliances for your home. These washers are proudly assembled by hard-working employees in Clyde, Ohio.
- Forget to add something to your load? Simply press the start button to pause the washer and add in last minute items.
- Some stains dissolve best in hot water. Others in cold. With the push of a button, Maytag fights both in a single load. The Extra Power button boosts stain-fighting performance on any wash cycle with a dual-temperature wash.
- Steam permeates deep into fibers for potent cleaning action. Combine with the Extra Power button or use on select cycles to help fight stubborn stains.
- Advanced Vibration Control™ Plus automatically redistributes unbalanced loads with a ball-bearing balancing ring and six-point suspension system, while advanced software learns its surroundings, adjusting and recalibrating from load to load.
- Get step-by-step pretreating instructions in the Stain Guide to take on everyday tough stains like grass, spaghetti sauce, wine and more. Then receive a recommended wash cycle you can send to the washer based on stain, fabric, and load type.
- Create customized cycles and save them in the Maytag™ app. Instantly access Favorites from the app and send them to your washer or dryer to start the load remotely.
- Tackle extra large loads with 5.0 cu. ft. capacity, enough space to clean 31 towels at once.
- The direct drive motor not only has the power to handle large loads, it's backed by our 10-year limited parts warranty.
- The stainless steel wash basket is designed for years of washes and built with sturdy materials to last for the long haul. It's also backed by our 10-year limited parts warranty.
- Manage laundry from anywhere by assigning tasks to family members like transferring a load to the dryer or folding clean clothes through customized text messages.
- The Wrinkle Control cycle is specially designed to help prevent wrinkles with warm water and low spin speeds.
- Stay in control and efficiently manage laundry from anywhere. Remotely start or stop your appliance and get end of cycle notifications so no load is left behind. Troubleshoot select issues to avoid unnecessary service calls and help ensure dependable performance, year after year. Get personalized tips to help you best clean your clothing and maximize the power of your Maytag® appliances.
- Customize each cycle the way you want with cycle memory, which stores your last setting choices and then applies those options the next time you use that cycle.
- Run the affresh® cycle every 30 washes with an affresh® Washer Cleaner tablet or liquid chlorine bleach to thoroughly clean the inside of your washer.
- Whirlpool Corporation started in 1911 as a small company in Benton Harbor, Michigan. Today we are a global home appliance business selling products around the world. We are proud of our American heritage and ingenuity that have driven innovation for over 100 years.
- The 24-Hr Fresh Hold® option keeps clean clothes smelling fresh in the washer with an internal fan and intermittent tumbling that circulate air through clothes for up to 24 hours after the wash cycle ends.
- The Optimal Dose dispenser adds the right amount of detergent when it's needed, holding enough for up to 8 loads of laundry.
- The Quick Wash cycle cleans small, lightly soiled loads in 15 minutes with extra high spin speeds, pairing nicely with the Quick Dry cycle on matching Maytag® dryers to get your clothes ready in no time.
- The Sanitize cycle removes 99.9% of household bacteria with our hottest water temperature available, delivering thorough cleaning and peace of mind.
- Maytag® Commercial Technology ensures your appliance is built with commercial-grade parts and works like clockwork year after year. The direct drive motor and stainless steel wash basket are backed by a 10-year limited parts warranty (Visit maytag.com for warranty details).
- We don't just tell you a Maytag® washer will get your clothes clean for years
ADA Compliant : ADA Compliant with feet fully extended
Advanced Vibration Control
Advanced Vibration Control : Yes
Amps : 15 or 20
Auto Load Size Sensing Technology
Auto Load Size Sensing Technology : Yes
Automated Dispenser : Optimal Dose Dispenser
Capacity IEC CAN (FT3,cubic feet)
Capacity IEC CAN (FT3,cubic feet) : 5.8
CEE Tier : Tier I
Compatibility|Connectivity : Amazon Alexa,Android,Google Assistant,iOS
Compatibility|Works With : WiFi,App,Remote Access,Voice Controlled
Controls : Knobs
Delay Start : Yes
Depth With Door Open 90 Degree(IN,inches)
Depth With Door Open 90 Degree(IN,inches) : 52 15/16
Depth(IN,inches) : 32 15/16
Carton Depth : 34 1/2 inch
Carton Height : 39 inch
Carton Width : 29 inch
Depth : 32 15/16 inch
Width : 27 inch
Gross Weight : 245 inch
Minimum Height : 38 5/8 inch
Net Weight : 235.0 inch
Dimensions|Capacity(FT3,cubic feet) : 5.00
Dispense System : Detergent, Fabric Softener & Bleach
Display Type : Cycle Indicator Lights with Digital Time Remaining
Door Lock : Yes
Drum Material : Stainless Steel
Drum Rear/Base Material
Drum Rear/Base Material : Stainless Steel
Eco Monitor/Efficiency Monitor
Eco Monitor/Efficiency Monitor : No
End of Cycle Signal
End of Cycle Signal : Yes
Energy Star® Qualified
Energy Star® Qualified : ENERGY STAR® Qualified
Fan Type : Fresh Hold®
Feedback-Status Indicators : Add Garment,Control Lock,Door Locked,End of Cycle Signal,Estimated Time Remaining,Sensing,Smart Delay,Smart Grid,Wash
Height(IN,inches) : 38 5/8
Hoses Included : 4ft 4in Drain Hose Included
Hz : 60
IMEF : 2.76
Interior Light : LED
Internal Heater : Yes
IWF : 3.20
LCD Touch Screen
LCD Touch Screen : No
LED Color : White
Lid/Door Swing : Left
Location of Controls
Location of Controls : Front
Maximum Spin Speed (RPM)
Maximum Spin Speed (RPM) : 1160
Maytag Commercial Components
Maytag Commercial Components : Washer Motor and Basket
Minimum Height(IN,inches) : 38 5/8
Motor Drive Type
Motor Drive Type : Direct Drive
Number of Rinse Options
Number of Rinse Options : 2
Number of Soil Levels
Number of Soil Levels : 4
Number of Wash Cycles
Number of Wash Cycles : 14
Number of Wash/Rinse Temperatures
Number of Wash/Rinse Temperatures : 5
Number of Washer Options
Number of Washer Options : 10
Option Selections : Delay Wash,Extra Power /Boost Option,Remote Enable,Steam Clean
Out of Balance Sensing
Out of Balance Sensing : Yes
Pedestal Options : XHP1000XW,XHPC155XW,Yes
Power Cord Included
Power Cord Included : Yes
Pre Soak : No
ProductOutletCategories : Laundry
Prop 65 : Standard
Soil Selections : Light,Medium,Medium Heavy,Heavy
Spin Speed Selections
Spin Speed Selections : Extra Fast,Fast,Medium,Off,Slow
Spin Speeds : 5
Stackable : Yes
Temperature Selections : Hot,Extra Hot,Cold,Cool,Warm
UL : UL
Volts : 120
Washer Cycle Selections
Washer Cycle Selections : Bulky Items,Clean Washer with affresh,Colors,Custom Cycle,Delicates,Drain & Spin,Heavy Duty,Normal,Overnight Wash & Dry (12hr),Quick Wash,Sanitize,Towels,Whites,Wrinkle Control
Water Faucet : No
Width (IN,inches) : 27
Window : Yes
Need help Curating your Design?
With over 70 years of experience, our dedicated team is here to help you with all of your projects, both big and small. Shoot us a line, we won’t bite.